- This event has passed.
Introduction to the Qur’an: Dawood Ali Addresses Unanswered Questions
March 28, 2021 @ 8:45 am - 9:45 am
From November 29 through January 31, Sunday morning Spiritual Enrichment viewed and discussed nine lectures from “Introduction to the Qur’an” (The Great Courses). Throughout the sessions, participants posed questions about how Muslims learn about, interpret, and live the message of the Qur’an today.
Join us this Sunday, March 28, 8:45-9:45 a.m. as we welcome Dawood Ali from the Muslim Community Center to address these questions. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85411684152. You can also call in: (312) 626-6799, meeting ID: 854 1168 4152. The session will be recorded.
Topics will include:
- Do Muslims learn about the complicated process of how the Qur’an went from an oral revelation to a ”book”?
- Are the hadith (sayings and stories of the Prophet) and sunnah (traditions and practices of the early community) actual books that can be owned today and used as resources for understanding and interpreting the Qur’an?
- How do majority Muslim nations use the legal traditions of Islam to establish their civil legal systems?
- How can some Muslims use the Qur’an as a justification for violence?
- What does the Qur’an say about the role and status of women in Islam?
- How does Qur’anic interpretation regard people of religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and post-Islamic faiths that claim to have “prophets,” such as Baha’i’s, Sikhs, and Mormons?
Questions: Rev. Jeffrey Phillips, (847) 636-6111